The Dublin Chapter of CLASS Ireland is holding another evening of education.
All participants are advised to familiarise themselves with the CLASS Code of Conduct prior to attending. Any questions on the code of conduct may be directed to us using the Contact Us form.
Places are limited, so please Contact Us to reserve your place and to confirm your role* to ensure that an appropriate ratio of staff and students are present.
*Note: Roles include:
- Teacher (top) – all teachers will be given 20 minutes to deliver a lesson to the class, and will be responsible for student discipline during this period, with the assistance of the head and assistant teachers as necessary.
- Assistant Teacher (top) – Assistant teachers are responsible for monitoring student conduct and assisting with discipline as needed.
- Head Teacher (top) – Head teachers assist with disciplining students removed from lessons for serious infractions.
- Student (bottom) – Students are expected to behave ahem appropriately, as failure to do so will not be tolerated.
- Monitor (any) – Monitors will observe the scene and assist the organiser in enforcing the event rules. Note- attendees may monitor for only a portion of the evening if they also wish to take on one of the other roles above.
Participants are reminded that punctuality is crucial to ensuring the scene flows smoothly. Latecomers (students and staff) will be dealt with harshly (and not in the fun way), as tardiness is both unprofessional and a decidedly uncreative way to court trouble. Note that the venue itself has a strict no-alcohol policy, and anyone arriving under the influence will not be admitted.
All participants are asked to arrive at the venue by 7pm. The venue provides free coffee, tea, and biscuits, so be sure to be on time for a snack before we begin! Participants may also change into costume at this time. The venue toilets may be used for changing, but note that the toilet is located a short distance down a shared corridor. The classroom is a private area and may be used for changing.
Promptly at 7:15, the event will begin with out-of-character introductions of participants and the venue staff and review of the timetables, monitoring guidelines, and event procedures.
Lessons begin at 7:30 and will last approximately 2 hours. After lessons are complete, participants are free to mingle until the venue closes at 10pm. Some of us may venture out for a quick drink nearby afterwards.
Dress for your intended role. Effort is appreciated. Modest dress is required for this event, and note that clothing will not be removed for punishments at this event.
There is a 15 Euro admission charge for this event, payable upon arrival.