Delighted to announce Class Ireland’s second virtual event!
All interested participants are invited to submit a creative self portraiture photograph under the theme of ‘My role in Class’ and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone’s personalised interpretations!
After submission, photographs will be open to comments from teachers and fellow students. But the final choice of favourite photos (2-3 pieces) will be decided by Ms. Dante, a recent addition to our excellent group of teachers.
All entries must be submitted before 8pm on Tuesday, 20th of June 2017 for entry into the prize draw. (GMT time)
If partaking in this event please consider the following:
- Stick within your own limits and comfort levels – no need for faces etc, be comfortable with the photo you submit first and foremost.
- Stick to the FetLife guidelines of uploading photos if uploading image there, it must be your photo or you must have permission to upload it from the photographer and if others are involved, those too. (Follow this if submitting a submission any other way too.)
- Be SS&C. (Safe, Sane & Consensual).
- Be creative, entries will not be judged by photographic talent or ability but by creativity and effort put into entry.
- Have fun, don’t put too much pressure on yourself, the main aim is to enjoy oneself.
Judging and Prizes:
Judging will take place the evening of the 20th of June after the event finish time (8pm GMT) and winners will be announced soon afterwards.
This is not a photographic ability contest. Entries will be judged solely on creativity and effort. Judging will be done by Ms. Dante for this event.
As a prize, Ms. Dante will draw/paint her selected favourite submissions (2-3 pieces) and gift a scan or high quality photograph to the owners of the original photograph by PDF or email.
Submitting a photography piece to this event implies that you are OK with this prize and are giving permission to Ms. Dante to potentially draw your piece. You are free to change your mind at any stage but must let her know if permission to replicate your photograph has been revoked.
How to submit an entry:
- The instructions below assume all participants are active on FetLife. If you would like to participate but do not have a FetLife account, let us know using the Contact form here.
- Before 8pm GMT on Friday, 16th of June, CLASS_Irl will start a thread on the CLASS Ireland group titled “Virtual Visual Event Submissions”.
- Anyone wishing to submit an entry shall post the photograph to their own profile (for technical difficulties with posting, see this FAQ page, and let us know by using the Contact Form if assistance is needed).
- After posting your entry, submit a link to the work on the submission thread in the CLASS Ireland Group (to get a link to the photograph, go to the uploaded image, copy the address from the address bar, and paste the address as a comment on the submission thread).
- Enjoy (and participate in) the banter. Chat and compliment each other. Talk about why you chose to do something in particular. Have fun as we said!
- Entries must be submitted before 8pm GMT on Tuesday the 20th of June, 2017, to be considered in the draw.
Contact us with any questions or post any queries in the comment section below.